Tuesday, March 12, 2019

WHAT DID YOU GET OUT OF THIS LESSON?



I don't know if I have shared this or not, but this is so important to me. I am an overcomer because I put on the whole armor of God daily!  I am a believer, and I have overcome the world because of Jesus Christ's sacrifice. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even my faith (John 5:4). I have learned from this lesson that faith is a protective barrier between us and the schemes of Satan. We must trust and believe!! When we believe God and trust His Word, we remain grounded in truth, the lies of the enemy lose their power, and we become overcomers. This is when we have a firm foundation and strong faith in God. Not only should we trust God, but acknowledge the Holy Spirit in all our ways, and then will He (Holy Spirit) led us daily. God's shield of faith provides a blanket of protection. It is meant to be taken up in all circumstances in our lives. Faith is important to all believers; "Now faith is the confidence in what I hope for and assurance about what I do not see." I am reminded of the study, "Changing the Seen & Shaping the Unseen" (By Charles Capps).  This is the way you begin to change the seen and shape the unseen. Abraham called things which were not manifest in the natural realm as though they were—until they were!

Abraham was the man who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken (Genesis). He was 99 years old, and his wife was 90; but he was not weak in faith. He would not consider anything that contradicted what God had spoken. Abraham didn't know about the spiritual warfare weapon, but he used it.  This is what the Bible call real faith, on fire faith, good faith, and a firm foundation! These patriots had that kind of faith. They knew God was a faithful God. They knew His loyalty. They knew His integrity, and faithfulness are unmatched. That firm foundation is to know that God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound discipline mind of Jesus Christ our Lord. I have learned to let the devil hear me say, "It is written!" Faith overcomes fear too.  Our charge is to shift our focus from ourselves to Jesus, then our faith will become powerful and we will become fearless.  In my situation now I am walking by faith and not by sight. I still have to remember to put on the whole armor of God daily, when my eyes open in the morning I must put this armor on, I must! And I must keep it on all day. We have sized up the enemy, we have put on the belt of truth, we have put on the breastplate of righteousness, and we have put on the shoes of peace, and now the armor of shield of faith for our protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment