Monday, January 7, 2019

WEEK # 2 ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS


1).     In your own words explain each armor.      

Truth: I believe having the belt of truth is having Jesus as your support.

Breastplate of righteousness: This means our hearts must receive God in right living.

Preparation of the gospel of peace: walking in peace means stability in our relationship with Jesus.

Shield of faith: This is the application of what one believes, the process of putting feet to God's truth and living in the light of it.

Helmet of salvation: This is our eternal security with Christ

Sword of the spirit: This is the Word of God which we should live by.

Prayer: Prayer is our communication with God concerning His promise.

2).    Why do you suppose truth is the first piece?

Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the light; We need the truth in our lives.  Truth is the core of our strength in Christ.

3).    What is the reason to be girded with truth?

I believe so we can stand against anything that the enemy brings against us. As I said earlier, truth is the core of our strength.

4).    Read the cross references, and explain each one.

Job 29:14:

Because of Jesus we are covered in the robe of righteousness.

Isaiah 11:5:

The center of our life should be girdle in righteousness.

Isaiah 59:17:

Righteousness and truth is our keeper

Luke 12:35:

I believe this is given us the tool of readiness for our Lord's return.

Romans 13:12:

We must change clothing before it's too late, put on the armor of God.

Ephesians 6:13:

Putting on the whole-full armor of God we can stand when the enemy comes in like a flood.

1 Thessalonians 5:8:

We are of the light, so we must stand firm in the Lord.

1 Peter 1:13:

Putting on the armor of God helps us be alert and sober for His return.

5).    Read Ephesians 6:14-18, and Galatians 5:22-23.

These Scriptures are the strength of the Christians' weapon in character.

6).    When we put on this armor, what kind of relationship we have with Jesus Christ?

We have an eternal love-relationship with Jesus Christ.

7).    What do a strong core present in our life?

A strong core helps with our balance, stability, resistance to injury, and our stamina over time and under pressure.

8).    What are the signs of a weak core?

We have poor posture, injury prone, and body fatigue, so we can't fight the good fight of faith as God would have us to.

9).    Name three things the girdle does to help you.   

The girdle do three things, it gives support to the core, it holds and stabilized other key pieces of the armor, and secure you for standing strong in the Lord.

10).  Read 2 Corinthians 11:14, why is this?

The light is important because there is nothing else in our live that is steady enough to do what only the light and truth can do. AMEN.

11).   Explain God's truth in our lives today.

Truth in our lives today is light, Jesus said, "I am the light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life."

12).  To be caught without our belt leave us in what condition?

To be caught without this prevailing standard, we'll always be subject to falling for the enemy's dangling carrots.

13).  In our suit up cards, what is the arch enemy?

Falsehood is the arch enemy of Satan

14).  Identify the steps you are taking to girdle yourself. (Overcomer study book).

We must seek the truth, speak the truth, and live the truth according to God's Word.

15).   Jesus used the Word against Satan when He was tempted (Matthew 4:1-11).  Share some of them

"It is written man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceed out of the mouth of God"; "It is written thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God"; Get thee behind me Satan, for it is written, thou shall worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shall thou serve."

16).  Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, salvation, Word of God, and prayer; share how you use each one of these weapons.

Truth, I live according to what I know is truth according to God's Word; I have put on the righteousness of Christ Jesus; I pray each day for God's peace in my life, because Jesus has given me His peace; my faith is in God as my Father, Jesus as my Savior, and the Holy Spirit as my keeper.

17).   What is your daily/weekly Bible reading plan?

I try each and every day to spend quiet time with God; I spend an hour, but wish I could do more; I have meditation as led, a song to the Lord, scripture reading, Holy Spirit gives me memory scripture for a month, I do a devotion for encouragement, a devotion for healing, I read a scripture of God's promises, I pray for a spiritual goal, ultimate goal, and a daily goal which will help me grow in the Lord; I read a healing scripture each day, I speak to my body each day in this quiet time with God, I read Lord's prayer, the Lord's communion, I read Psalm 23, I read the Beatitudes, I read Matthew 18:18, I pray for my sons, and family, I have a personal confession I make to the Lord, and then I do a prayer focus; last I sing an ending song before I close my quiet time with God. I have been doing this for over five years because I can't attend church service as I desire, and I believe in my heart the Holy Spirit led me to this quiet time with God; my soul is happy, but miss regular services too. When I retire I will start back, Hallelujah!!!

18).  How consistent are you in meeting that goal?

I enjoy this so much, I am filled with peace every time I spend this quiet time with God. My job interrupt it sometimes, but I do get to read and spend time with God.

19).  How often do you pray?

I talk to the Lord on a daily bases, and truly believe He hears my heart prayers constantly

20).  What Christian books are you currently reading now.

I read my Bible; "Overcomer" by Dr. David Jeremiah; "The Armor of God" by Priscilla Shirer; my daily devotion books, and my healing book.


No comments:

Post a Comment