Monday, May 12, 2014

BIBLE STUDY WEEK # 1 (SHARING)

 I was reading the study and I thought about John and Jesus was born the same year. Then I thought about the historical fact that King Herod was so upset when he found out that the wise men had went another way when they came to see Jesus as an infant. He was so upset when he couldn't fine Jesus that he ordered for all the babies from age 2 down to be killed, just to get Jesus, (Matthew 2:1-6; 16-17) I said to myself, how did John the Baptist escape this? I may have studied it years ago, but couldn't remember. I did research to find anything on this. I had to read closely to see it. John was born at the time of Jesus, but they were born in different district; King Herod only had the babies in Bethlehem to be killed, but John was born in the hill country of Hebron, which was another district of Judea. King Herod was told that the babe was coming from the district in Bethlehem. Can you see that?

What do you think?    

No comments:

Post a Comment